Heparin sodium is an anticoagulant, it has relatively strong physical and chemical properties of negative charge, can interfere with multiple links of blood coagulation, in vivo and in vitro have anticoagulant effect. Its anticoagulant mechanism is quite complex, mainly through the binding of antithrombin ⅲ, so as to have a certain inhibitory effect on activated coagulation factors.
1. Heparin sodium is soluble in water and easy to add; Add in the aqueous phase, at the last stage of the formulation, the temperature is less than 40℃;
2. When the pH value is 7.0-7.5, the stability of heparin sodium is the best;
3. Light and antioxidant VC had no significant effect on its stability;
4. Oxidant and strong electrolyte have great influence on the stability of heparin sodium;
5. Heparin sodium is an anionic polysaccharide, which is not compatible with cationic components, so compatibility test is needed.
Heparin sodium should be stored in a cool, low temperature, dry place, away from light, sealed and used as soon as possible after opening. The shelf life of unopened products is 18 months under recommended storage conditions.