Chondroitin sulfate is a white or yellowish powder, soluble in water, insoluble in organic solvents. Water absorption, odorless and tasteless. And chondroitin sulfate sodium than chondroitin sulfate sodium element, in medicine respect, they are chondroitin alias.
Chondroitin sulfate is mainly used for lowering blood lipids. Mainly used in the treatment of hyperlipidemia; Chondroitin sulfate sodium is mainly used in the treatment of neuralgia, arthritis, tinnitus and promote ulcer healing and prevention and treatment of hyperlipidemia. It also has anticoagulant and prevent vascular sclerosis and other activities, coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction and other cardiovascular disease prevention and treatment has a good effect, nerve cells, renal cells and other protective effects.
Clinical application of chondroitin sulfate:
1. Chondroitin sulfate, as a health food or health medicine, has been used for a long time in the prevention and treatment of coronary heart disease, angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, coronary atherosclerosis, myocardial ischemia and other diseases. It has no obvious side effects and can significantly reduce the morbidity and mortality of patients with coronary heart disease. Long-term clinical application has found that the deposition of fat and other lipids on the wall of arteries and veins can be effectively removed or reduced, can significantly reduce plasma cholesterol, thereby preventing the formation of atherosclerosis.
2. Chondroitin sulfate is used in the treatment of neuralgia, neuropathic migraine, arthralgia, arthritis and scapular joint pain, pain after abdominal surgery, etc.
3. Prevention and treatment of streptomycin caused by hearing disorders and various noise caused by hearing difficulties, tinnitus, etc., the effect is significant.
4. It has adjuvant therapeutic effect on chronic nephritis, chronic hepatitis, keratitis and corneal ulcer.
5. In recent years, it has been reported that chondroitin in shark cartilage has anti-tumor effect. In addition, chondroitin sulfate is also used in cosmetics and wound healing agents.
6. Chondroitin sulfate is also used in eye drops.