Chondroitin sulfate is an acidic mucoglycan extracted from the throat,
nasal bone and tracheal cartilage of pigs and is composed of chondroitin
sulfate. Includes isomers of chondroitin sulfate A and chondroitin sulfate C.
Function and efficacy belong to hypolipidemic drugs, mainly used for the
treatment of hyperlipidemia. Clinical applications include long-term use for the
prevention and treatment of coronary heart disease, angina pectoris, myocardial
infarction, coronary circulation atherosclerosis, myocardial cell ischemia and
other diseases, to reduce the incidence and mortality of coronary heart disease.
It can also be used for the treatment of neuralgia, neurogenic migraine,
arthralgia, arthritis, shoulder pain, pain after abdominal surgery and so on. It
has the effect of analgesia and promoting cartilage regeneration.
Chondroitin sulfate is widely used in human and other animal protective cartilage tissues. The research on its medicinal plant preparations mainly includes two structural isomers of chondroitin sulfate A and chondroitin sulfate C, and the content analysis of chondroitin sulfate in the cartilage of animals with different product varieties and ages is different. Its pharmacological functions are as follows:
1. Chondroitin sulfate can effectively remove lipids and lipoproteins in the blood of patients, remove cholesterol that affects the heart on peripheral nerve vessels, prevent and cure atherosclerosis, and increase the intracellular conversion rate of lipids and fatty acids.
2. Chondroitin sulfate can effectively improve the prevention and treatment of coronary heart disease. It has a positive effect on anti-atherosclerosis and the formation of anti-atherogenic plaques in experimental atherosclerosis development model design. Increase coronary artery division or collateral circulation leading to atherosclerosis, and continuously accelerate the healing, regeneration, and repair of myocardial necrosis or degeneration caused by experimental coronary sclerosis or embolization.
3. Biotechnology synthesis methods that can increase messenger RNA (mRNA) and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) of some cells and enterprises have an important role in promoting the growth and metabolism of tumor cells.
4. Low activity of anticoagulant drugs. Chondroitin sulfate has A mild anticoagulant effect, and every LMG of chondroitin sulfate A is equivalent to 0.45U of heparin's anticoagulant activity. This anticoagulant activity result does not need to be socially dependent on antithrombin III, but can be simultaneously anticoagulant through these fibrinogen detection systems.
5. Chondroitin sulfate also has the effect of anti-inflammatory, accelerating the treatment of wound healing and anti-tumor ability.