1. Heparin sodium price fluctuates greatly
From the average export price of heparin sodium in China, the price of heparin sodium has fluctuated continuously since August 2019, during which the price of heparin has increased and decreased significantly. The reasons for the large fluctuation of heparin sodium price include:
1) The upstream of the heparin industry chain is in short supply of heparin raw materials. It usually takes about one year for heparin raw material to be transferred to heparin raw material. The small intestine of pigs is affected by African Swine Fever and other factors, and the productivity of pigs decreases sharply. From 2018 to 2019, the price of pig small intestine increased by 44.32%, and the price increase was transmitted to heparin products such as crude heparin and low molecular weight heparin, leading to the price increase.
2) With the aging of the population, the incidence of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases is on the rise. As an important anticoagulant and antithrombotic drug for the treatment of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, the downstream medical demand of heparin products continues to release, leading to the increasing demand for low-molecular weight heparin preparations and other products, which promotes the upstream demand of heparin industry for a long time.
3) New demands arising from the COVID-19 outbreak.
2. Chinese enterprises have the most abundant raw materials for heparin products.
At present, China is the most important batch producer of heparin products.
With the gradual recovery of China's pig stock, the price of live pigs in China has been falling continuously since the end of August 2020 and has been falling for eight consecutive weeks, with the latest data showing 29.83 yuan/kg on October 16. In terms of the utilization rate of pig intestine, the utilization rate of pig intestine was 49.8% in 2005 and about 84.5% in 2015, which showed an overall upward trend. The utilization rate of pig intestine showed an upward trend, which reflected the increasing trend of pig scale and slaughter level in China, which was better than the raw material supply of heparin industry.
3. Heparin market demand continues to rise
Heparin is one of the most widely used anticoagulant and antithrombotic drugs with the most effective coagulant effect at present, and the market demand is strong and increasing year by year. With the change of people's lifestyle and dietary habits, and the accelerating aging of the population, the international market of heparin still has a large room for growth in the future.
4. The COVID-19 outbreak may create new needs
Heparin products can serve as an important clinical anticoagulant API, and the market demand for these products has become increasingly significant during the COVID-19 epidemic that is spreading through the global economy. Heparin products also have corresponding anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory and mucilolytic effects in China. In the treatment process of thrombosis in patients with severe COVID-19, it can certainly help students recover.