Indications for chondroitin sulfate sodium
Lipid-lowering drugs. Mainly used for the treatment of hyperlipidemia. Its clinical applications include:
1. Chondroitin sulfate, as a health food or health medicine, has been used
for a long time to prevent and treat diseases such as coronary heart disease,
angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, coronary atherosclerosis and myocardial
ischemia, without obvious toxic and side effects, and can significantly reduce
the morbidity and mortality of patients with coronary heart disease. Long-term
clinical application has shown that fatty deposits on arterial and venous walls
can be effectively removed or reduced, significantly reducing plasma
cholesterol, thereby preventing the formation of atherosclerosis.
2. Chondroitin sulfate is used for the treatment of neuralgia, neuropathic migraine, arthralgia, arthritis, scapular arthralgia, and pain after abdominal surgery.
3. Prevention and treatment of hearing impairment caused by streptomycin as well as hearing difficulties and tinnitus caused by various kinds of noise, with remarkable effect.
4. Adjuvant therapy for chronic nephritis, chronic hepatitis, keratitis and corneal ulcer.
5. It has been reported in recent years that chondroitin in shark cartilage has anti-tumor effect. In addition, chondroitin sulfate is also used in cosmetics and wound healing agents. Chondroitin sulfate is also used in eye drops.